Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dear TTS19 parents…

Your daughters are on a plane flying south at this very moment. As the sky stretches beneath the wings of the airplane, and your daughter stretches her wings… here are some thanks from TTS18 in Africa last fall semester to their parents during Thanksgiving. Even though these aren’t your daughters’ words – they could be…Thank you for sharing your daughters with us on this adventure… This moment is the 10th anniversary of our first semester when we sent 7 girls south with TTS1. What a wonderful decade. Thank you for being part of this magic….

***
Dear Family,
As I write this from Botswana I'm so thankful you sent me here! I knowwe are thinking of you guys!
Much Love
***
I miss you guys so much! I just wanted to dwell and say I am thankful foryou sending me here and being really awesome. And thanks for always being therewhen I need you to dwell! Love you guys!
***
Padre, and Madre-
Thank you so much for sending me off to Africa for a semester even thoughit was a bumpy road to get here. Thank you for hangin’ in there with me when itgot tough and for the good times too. Thanks for love, family, and helping meget where I am today. I'm thinking of you guys every day and having anincredible time! Miss you and love you!
***
Momma, Dad and Booboo-
Thank you so much for letting me go on this incredible experience. I wantto say thank you for teaching me all the things that I know. Thank you forstaying with through all the bad and good times. Thank you for are all thelove, the family, animals and giving me room to grow. I am thinking of you everyday here! I miss you and love you.
***
I am thankful for so many things in my life right now. Of course my wonderfulfamily who has supported me so much in this whole process and has always beenexcited to hear from me. Especially to my mom who has done all the forms andpaperwork for my semester. Thank you so much!!!!! Also just to be here and allmy wonderful classmates and teachers. Thank You!!!!! I love you all!
***
Mommy, Daddy –
Anyway, thank you for everything; for getting me out of the door atthirteen because without that push I wouldn't be here right this second typingto you. So thanks, I love you!
***
Mom and Daddy,
Thank you so so much for enabling me to come spend half of my junioryear in Africa..I have learned an immense amount of things which I will carrywith me for the rest of my life.
***
Happy thanksgiving Mom, & Pops!
I am so thankful that I am in Africa right now, learning and seeing somany new things! It is tough being without you three, but I know this issomething I have to do on my own and I will be home really soon!
Much love
***
Hey everyone!
Happy thanksgiving! I wish I could be there to spend this holiday witheveryone, but Africa is amazing and I am so very thankful I am here right now.I love and miss you guys! Love.
***
Mamacita and Ole' Gappy ,
I am incredibly thankful to be here, to have you two as my family andmy bros. LOVE YOU! HAPPY
THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***
Jambo! (too bad they don't speak kiswahili here)
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are all enjoying this fine holiday. I amsuper thankful for being able to spend the past fourteen weeks in Africa. Thankyou so much for letting me have this experience.
I love you all muchly.
***
Hey Family!
Just wanted to say I love and miss you guys. I'm so glad I am ableto behere in Botswana (ahh!), and that everyone has supported me in this adventureof mine. Thanks you so much for absolutely everything! Hugs all around!
***
Mom! Dad!
Happy Thanksgiving!!! I just wanted to say thank you for everything thisyear and I'm so happy to be here!! I'm going to have an incredible Thanksgivingwith my TTS family this year :) See you soon!
***
M and Dl,
I am so thankful for you guys and all the opportunities I havereceived.
Miss you!!!
***

With love,

The Traveling School friends and family… let the adventure begin!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blog! I am thinking about Livy all day and imagining her happiness, wonder, and excitement - so happy for her - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz Viaje! It's so great to think about Lucy in Ecuador with a whole posse of young women, just ambling along and being a part of the scene. I'm grateful for TTS, and all it offers young women, and our world.
    I look forward to reading this blog daily!
    Stacey Tompkins (mama de Lucy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled the girls have started their journey, and wanted to let you know how nice it was to meet all of your outstanding young women (and their equally outstanding parents)Pips, unfortunately we weren't able to meet but I can tell you that Livy had a smile on her face every time I saw her (she shared a room with my daughter Katie). Thanks for the blog TTS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all you Moms and Dads! This is Erica's mom. As a parent alumni (Erica was on TTS16 to Southeastern Africa) let me reassure you all that you made a stellar decision in helping your amazing daughter to be part of TTS19. Our girls are in an amazing environment surrounded by other incredible young women and supportive, caring and amazing teachers. Those first phone calls that will come in a couple of weeks will reassure you that TTS is all you had hoped it would be for your girls.

    TTS19 Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what those girls are up to TODAY? Probably laughing and looking at a majestic view and hablando en espanol.
    Sigh.
    Two weeks feels like a long time! Miss you Lucy, hope it's going superbly.
    xoxoxo Mama

    ReplyDelete